Jan 16, 2008

Wow, a Correction!

FOLLOW-UP: After a very courteous comment/correction was left by Matthew Peterson, author of ParaWorld Zero (and here I thought I was just talking to myself...), I have amended my entry on independently-published novels. I hope that term is more acceptable, and acknowledge that it is very different from self-publication.

Considering how few people actually read this blog, Matthew must be doing some pretty intense web search refreshing to have found it. But, then, if my novel had just been published, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

At any rate, ParaWorld Zero, at least, is not self-published, and is available through several outlets listed on Matthew's site. There is even a trailer for the book, created by the author himself, featuring ... kung fu, I think ... and an iguana. I didn't know they made trailers for books, and I'm not sure this is a trend I want to encourage.

Anyway, Mr. Peterson further informs me that the book is doing quite well in on-line sales, which, as he rightly says, is pretty good for a first-time author. It even has a five-star rating on Amazon, and many reviewers do, in fact, compare it to Harry Potter.

In my defense, this is a pretty awful piece of promotional art:


Still, my apologies and good luck going forward!

Now if somebody out there knows Timothy LaBadie and wants to come defend that ... er ... plot synopsis for To Live Without Warning, bring it on.

No, I don't think that's going to happen.

No comments: