Jun 5, 2008

McG

I've always thought that the mono-named director "McG" sounded like a dick, based on his name alone. I just read an interview with him, and now I feel bad about that.
Also, I realize my name is ridiculous. I was born Joseph McGinty Nichol. McG is short for McGinty. I have been called this since the day I was born to create separation from my Uncle Joe and Grandpa Joe. I realize it sounds like some Hollywood nickname, hip-hop choice. But the truth is, this is simply my name - for every day of elementary school, every zit-filled day of high school. I have been taking shit for it ever since. I get it, I would think it's lame too. But it's just a name, and to change it now would seem fraudulent.
Okay, so maybe he's not a total douchebag after all (for this reason, at least).

Of course, he still makes crap movies and is basically scabbing an Americanized version of the Britcom Spaced without the consent or involvement of the original creators, so your mileage may vary.

No comments: